[FLR-list] Initialising an FLSR

Iago MOSQUEIRA (JRC) iago.mosqueira-sanchez at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Oct 18 14:43:59 CEST 2013

On 10/18/2013 02:27 PM, Mark Payne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an FLSR object that I have fitted. I now wish to use these parameters as the initial conditions for fitting a second FLSR, based on similar but slightly different data. What's the best way to do this?
>
> The @initial slot seems to need a function, which I wasn't expecting... Can I feed the FLPar object to fmle for example?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mark

Hi,

This should do it, use the start argument

library(FLCore)

data(nsher)

params(nsher)

out <- fmle(nsher, start=params(nsher))

Iago

--
Dr Iago Mosqueira

European Commission – Joint Research Center
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Maritime Affairs Unit FISHREG – Scientific Support to Fisheries
TP 051, Via Enrico Fermi 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy

Office : +39 0332 785413
Fax: +39 0332 789658