[FLR-list] [FLR-devel] length

Iago Mosqueira iago.mosqueira at gmail.com
Tue May 14 16:05:53 CEST 2013

On 05/13/2013 05:51 PM, Laurie Kell wrote:
> maybe allowing param dim to be named len in FLPar, as is allowed for
> quant and age in FLQuant may be all that is needed.

Right now the validity only checks that last dim is iter

validFLPar <- function(object) {

	# Last dimension is called 'iter' ...
  if(names(dimnames(object))[length(dim(object))] != "iter")
    return("last dimension must be named 'iter'")
  # ... and the first 'params'

	return(TRUE)
}

So len will work, let's see which methods fail. But maybe for an
specific type of information like this it would make more sense to have
a class based on FLPar, with appropriate validity checks and specific
methods. You could then dispatch on it any ALK method

Iago