[FLR-list] age and length structured simulation models using FLR

Sarah Kraak Sarah.Kraak at Marine.ie
Mon Sep 10 12:17:55 CEST 2012

Dear FLR user,

I plan to develop a simulation model that is partly age-length-structured. For projecting the cohorts forward through time I would collapse the age-length structure to age structure, but for e.g. simulating the effect of alternative gear I would switch to length-by-age structure within the time step. Is there anybody who has experience with this? I tried to avoid reinventing the wheel if someone else already has. I haven't worked with FLR for ages (not since 2008), so at the moment I'm probably pretty ignorant. I was thinking of using the dimension "unit" within the FLQuant for the length-disaggregated data. Does that make sense? If this is stupid, please let me know.

Kind regards, and thanks a lot in advance,

Sarah

Sarah B. M. Kraak, PhD
Senior Postdoctoral Fisheries Researcher
University College Cork
Based at:
Marine Institute
Rinville
Oranmore
Co. Galway
Ireland
phone +353 (0)91 387392
fax +353 (0)91 387201
email sarah.kraak at marine.ie<mailto:sarah.kraak at marine.ie>
Did you know that salmon will have a troubled (social) life if their mother was stressed during the production of the eggs from which they originate? (J. Fish Biol. 79, 575-586). I find this terribly sad...

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Is don t? at? ainmithe an teachtaireacht seo agus inte t? eolas r?nda. Muna t? an t? at? ainmithe n?or ch?ir duit an r?omhphost seo a eis-sheacada, scaipeadh n? a choip?il. M? fuir t? an r?omhphost seo tr? thimpist cur a t? a sheol ? ar an eolas l?thaireach tr? r?omhphost agus scrios ? ? do choras f?in. N? f?idir a ch?nti? go bhfuil r?omhphost gan lucht n? s?bhailte de bharr m?dh seachadadh na r?omhphost. D'fh?adfach s? go nd?anfa? tascradh ar an eolas, go mbeadh s? curtha as rocht, go gcailf? n? go scriosf? ?, go mbeadh moill ar, ? easnamhach n? go mbeadh v?reas curtha leis le linn a sheachadadh. D? bhr? sin n? glacann an t? a sheol le aon mhil?an maidir le easnaimh n? but?in in ?bhar na teachtaireachta a tharla?onn le linn a sheachadadh.