[FLR-list] Installation of FLCore 2.4

Mark Payne mpa at aqua.dtu.dk
Fri Oct 14 14:24:37 CEST 2011

Looks like it works for me now.

Thanks.

Mark
Fra: flr-list-bounces at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at [flr-list-bounces at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at] På vegne af iago.mosqueira-sanchez at jrc.ec.europa.eu [iago.mosqueira-sanchez at jrc.ec.europa.eu]
Sendt: 14. oktober 2011 14:15
Til: flr-list at r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
Emne: Re: [FLR-list] Installation of FLCore 2.4

On 10/07/2011 02:58 PM, Mark Payne wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Congratulations on the recent progress, and particularly the release of the Duke of Pawns (dare I ask what the story is behind that one?). I'm very pleased to be able to step into the future and finally get rid of that old version of R 2.8.1 that I have kicking around to run the old assessments.
>
> Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a snag with installing the release directly from the repository ie using:
>
>> install.packages("FLCore", repos="http://flr-project.org/R")
>
> This worked fine on my Windows version of R, which is running R 2.13.1.
>
> However, when I try exactly the same command on my Madriva Linux workstation, which is running R 2.13.0, I get the following error:
>
>> install.packages("FLCore", repos="http://flr-project.org/R")
> Installing package(s) into ‘/home/mpayne/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/2.13’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> trying URL 'http://flr-project.org/R/src/contrib/FLCore_2.4.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 2771729 bytes (2.6 Mb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 2.6 Mb
>
> ERROR: this R is version 2.13.0, package 'FLCore' requires R>= 2.13.2
> * removing ‘/home/mpayne/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/2.13/FLCore’
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>          ‘/home/mpayne/tmp/Rtmpqz7jMW/downloaded_packages’
> Warning message:
> In install.packages("FLCore", repos = "http://flr-project.org/R") :
>    installation of package 'FLCore' had non-zero exit status
>

> Doing the install from my working copy of the SVN repository using R CMD INSTALL FLCore works fine - It appears to me that the Linux box is taking the development version, rather than the release. Any ideas why?
>
> Mark

Hi,

This should be fixed now, I have uploaded new tar.gz pkgs ensuring they
come from 2.4 release, with R 2.13 being required

Iago

Dr Iago Mosqueira

European Commission – Joint Research Center
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Maritime Affairs Unit FISHREG – Scientific Support to Fisheries
TP 051, Via Enrico Fermi 2749
I-21027 Ispra (VA), Italy

Office : +39 0332 785413
Fax: +39 0332 789658