[FLR-list] Use of FLQuantPoint

ernesto.jardim at jrc.ec.europa.eu ernesto.jardim at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Mon Oct 10 08:51:39 CEST 2011

On 10/08/2011 01:55 PM, Mark Payne wrote:
> Ok, that makes sense, but I'm still a little unsure about how this should be implemented - as I understand it you're talking mainly about how to store the data, rather than pass it around. I currently have an array of accessor functions:
>
> ssb(sam.object)
> tsb(sam.object)
> fbar(sam.object)
> stock.n(sam.object)
> harvest(sam.object)
> rec(sam.object)
>
> What sort of objects should these return, given that these quantites now can all have confidence intervals associated with them?
>
> Mark
Hi Mark,

If you're interested in keeping all the iterations the accessors should
return FLQuant. FLQuantPoint is just about reducing the 6th dimension.
In fact we weren't very successful with it ... IMO you should avoid
using FLQuantPoint, unless you're really sure about it.

Looking at your examples you should consider using a FLStock object to
store that information. You have to decide if (1) ssb, fbar and others
can be computed from the stock information, in that case implement them
as methods, or else (2) extend FLStock to FLSAM to inherit FLStock's
slots and methods and just add the slots missing.

Let me know if you need help.

Best

EJ