[FLR-list] Installation of FLCore 2.4

ernesto.jardim at jrc.ec.europa.eu ernesto.jardim at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Oct 7 16:31:46 CEST 2011

On 10/07/2011 04:01 PM, Mark Payne wrote:
> I was able to install it from my local copy using R CMD INSTALL FLCore, so we're set there...
>
> What are the near-terms plans for supported R version number? Is there a reason for the shift from R 2.13.0 to R 2.13.2 in FLCore 2.5?
>
> Mark

Hi,

The stable version is compiled with the R version that exists at the
moment of releasing and stay that way. That's why people were still
using 281 to work with previous FLR. In fact 2.4 was compiled for
2.13.2, but then we realised it was fine for >= 2.13.0 and changed the
dependency so that users that don't update R so often could experiment 2.4.

The development version dependency is updated when new R versions come
out. Although sometimes it fails do to changes in S4 by the R core team
that break our code ...

BTW we've adopted the same procedure as linux, odd versions are
development, even stable. That's why we have 2.4 released and 2.5 in
development, which for the moment are exactly the same.

As usual we're just biting out own tail and confusing ourself ;-) as
someone said "the torture never stops" (this one should give you a hint
about where the name came from :-)

Best

EJ