[FLR-list] Installation of FLCore 2.4

ernesto.jardim at jrc.ec.europa.eu ernesto.jardim at jrc.ec.europa.eu
Fri Oct 7 15:32:32 CEST 2011

On 10/07/2011 02:58 PM, Mark Payne wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Congratulations on the recent progress, and particularly the release of the Duke of Pawns (dare I ask what the story is behind that one?). I'm very pleased to be able to step into the future and finally get rid of that old version of R 2.8.1 that I have kicking around to run the old assessments.
>
> Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a snag with installing the release directly from the repository ie using:
>
>> install.packages("FLCore", repos="http://flr-project.org/R")
> This worked fine on my Windows version of R, which is running R 2.13.1.
>
> However, when I try exactly the same command on my Madriva Linux workstation, which is running R 2.13.0, I get the following error:
>
>> install.packages("FLCore", repos="http://flr-project.org/R")
> Installing package(s) into ‘/home/mpayne/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/2.13’
> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
> trying URL 'http://flr-project.org/R/src/contrib/FLCore_2.4.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 2771729 bytes (2.6 Mb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 2.6 Mb
>
> ERROR: this R is version 2.13.0, package 'FLCore' requires R>= 2.13.2
> * removing ‘/home/mpayne/R/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-library/2.13/FLCore’
>
> The downloaded packages are in
>          ‘/home/mpayne/tmp/Rtmpqz7jMW/downloaded_packages’
> Warning message:
> In install.packages("FLCore", repos = "http://flr-project.org/R") :
>    installation of package 'FLCore' had non-zero exit status
>

> Doing the install from my working copy of the SVN repository using R CMD INSTALL FLCore works fine - It appears to me that the Linux box is taking the development version, rather than the release. Any ideas why?
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

This problem was fixed a few days ago. Maybe the linux repository wasn't
updated yet. If you need it right now you'll have to install 2.13.2
otherwise it'll be sorted out during the weekend.

Best

EJ

--
Ernesto Jardim<ernesto.jardim at jrc.ec.europa.eu>
European Commission – Joint Research Center