[FLR-list] Is there any easier way....

Laurie lauriekell at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 1 12:32:52 CET 2011

I want to expand a stock object by one year, and propigate the
catch.wts, etc across into the new year. What is the easiest way to do
this? I have used window() and then copied the new data into the next
year for each slot. Is there an easier way?

Mark

You can as you are doing or use stf() or FLBRP.

stf stands for short-term forecast and mimics the old Aberdeen software.
While BRP is based on the old PA software. Unfortunately they are not
necessarily consistent in how they calculate selectivity, wts etc. This
means ICES reference points and projections & hence advice can be
inconsistent. Plus outside of ICCAT and as part of MPs you may want to
make various choices
about the future dynamics so I have written a new interface based on
window() called fwdWindow() which will become window in latter releases
of FLAdvice.  To use the latter you will need
to use the development versions of FLR.

#stf example

library(FLAdvice)

library(FLAssess)

data(ple4)

ple4Bis=stf(ple4,nyears=1)

# new interface

ple4Bis2=fwdWindow(ple4,stf=list(nyears=1),end=2011)

ple4Brp=FLBRP(ple4)
ple4Bis2=fwdWindow(ple4,ple4Brp,end=2011)

There is also a new simpler interface to fwd for projections.

Laurie