[datatable-help] inconsistency between loadings and coefficient in plsr

Veda vedahung1116 at gmail.com
Fri May 12 17:16:04 CEST 2017

Hello experts,

My experiment had 13 experimental variables and 1 dependent variable and the
data were collected from 30 participants. Because the 13 experimental
variables are highly correlated with each other, I use PLS to extract
important factors from those variables to account for the dependent
variable.
This is my model:
# determine the number of component
ncomp=selectNcomp(plsr(data=input,trimRT~var1+var2+var3+....var13,5,validation='CV',scale=TRUE),
"randomization",alpha=0.05)

# feed the number of component to function to calculate loading and
coefficients
plsr(data=input,trimRT~var1+var2+var3+....var13,ncomp,validation='CV',scale=TRUE)

I have three question regarding plsr():
1. Should I let the model know the dependent variable (predicted variable)
collected from difference people? If so, how should I code the information
of subject ID in the following function?
2. Some variables are repeated-measures and some are not. How should I code
this information in the function?
3. The results from loading of predictors in one factor did not match the
results of coefficients (please see attached figures). For instance, given
that the variable 10 had higher loading than other variables in component 5,
I expected to see the coefficient of the variable 10 was higher in terms of
magnitude (regardless the sign) than other variables in component 5. Why is
it not the case?

<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4733715/1.png>
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4733715/2.png>

Your inputs are appreciated. Thanks.