[datatable-help] Help coding

Serdar Akin serdar.akin at paylevo.com
Sun Mar 12 09:51:15 CET 2017

Hi,

I would do something like this:

## Create the table

DT        <- data.table(colour = rep(c("red", "blue", "green"), each= 3),
                         type = paste0('type', 1:3),
                         value = as.integer( rnorm(9, mean= 6, sd = 5)))

# Cast table and make it a contingence table
DT1        <- dcast.data.table(DT, colour ~ type, value.var = 'value',
FUN = function(x) sum(x, na.rm = TRUE))