[datatable-help] Connect tables in R

Happyglider simply.red at gmx.net
Sat Aug 26 18:44:38 CEST 2017

Hi all,

I'm new to R and would like to know how i can connect two tables/matrixes
(e.g. through use of a key). I tried googling my question, but unfortunately
wasn't successful. I'd be very happy if somebody could help me. If the
question is too simple and was answered somewhere else, which I didn't find,
just post the link. :)

Here's my question:
I have two tables. The tables where inserted into R from excel. One table is
filled with soccer players, another one with soccerclubs. In the first
table, soccer players are listed. Each player has an ID, a name, age and
nationality. The second table lists soccerclubs. Of course players compete
for the club, therefore the the IDs of the players are listed also in the
second table. Furthermore the second table states, which kind of nutrition
products the players of a club use.
I now want to collect information from the two tables. For example I want to
find out, whether players from a certain age group or a certain nationality
prefere different nutrition products than older/younger players from another
country.

If I'm correct, I need to connect the two tables in a first step (but I
don't know how to do that in R) and then need to collect the information in
a second step. I could do that with the help of MS Access, but my university
wants me to solve the problem with R.

I hope you understand my question, as I probably described it quite
complicatedly (english is not my first language). Still, I hope, that
someone can help me.

Looking forward to some answers and thank you in advance, for your help,
Happyglider