[datatable-help] conditional deleting elements and highlight some of them in a matrix in R

IGGYANFAN shortlifeplaymore at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 17:36:46 CEST 2016

hello, I am a worker in biochemistry filed and get used to do stat by SPSS
and SAS and I am totally new in R . I searched a hand by hand tutorial and
had done my first correlation analysis and now I have a 252*84 matrix like
this <http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4722497/fucking_matrix.jpg>
which contains results.

Since the matrix is really too big to deal it with excel and find
significant P values etc, I am thinking about to at first delete the
elements in this matrix,ai,j, in which i=3 * j, and j = 1:84
and then I would like to highlight some parts the matrix, or the output of
R. In short, I am thinking about to color elements meet aij lower than 0.10
(significant Ps)as red, in which i belong to {2, 5, 8, 11……83}.

I tried look at book and search for available codes, However, i really do
not know how to put "for" in matrix[-i, -j] and, OK, the right way to use.
Could anyone be so nice teach me?

Many thanks.