[datatable-help] Sequential numbering for each month on a period of time

kbsudhir kbsudhir at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:34:13 CET 2016

Hi All,

I am a beginner in R.

I have a period of dates in my data set starting 10th April'2006 till 31st
Aug'2016. Its a period of 125 months. I want to sequentially identify each
month with a number starting "1" in a new corresponding column Ex
"Month_Identifier". Ex
Apr'2006 - 1
May'2006 - 2 ........ Aug'2016 - 125

Also, the datatype of the column where date is available is a factor.

Requesting guidance on how to achieve this.

Regards
Sudhir