[datatable-help] Restoring data.frame functionality for selecting columns

Arunkumar Srinivasan aragorn168b at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 18:39:39 CEST 2015

Hi Joe, very glad to hear that `with = FALSE` wasn’t a *real hurdle* :-).
I think it’s better to follow up / post further thoughts directly here: https://github.com/Rdatatable/data.table/issues/1188

I’m less convinced that this would be a positive change at this moment :-(.

--
Arun

On 25 Jun 2015 at 18:31:56, Joe Matusik (jmatusik at leadid.com) wrote:

Hi Arun,

Sorry for the massively late response, Of all the data.table hurdles that I had to jump, the 'with = FALSE' issue was one of the easiest to overcome. Having said that, removing any barriers to entry for new users without taking away from data.table's superior functionality is probably never going to be a bad thing. I'd say go for it.

Thanks,

Joe