[datatable-help] Error in Melt

binalpatel binal.patel at jvion.com
Sat Jun 20 02:10:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

I've started receiving this error today.

 Error in melt.data.table(dt, id.vars = c(gender, targetVar), measure.vars =
c(6:length(dt)),  :
  attempt to set index 1851513568/1851513568 in SET_STRING_ELT

When attempting to melt a data.table object. After trying to debug my code,
and quality check the data for a couple hours, I still can't figure out why
it's failing.

I was hoping for guidance on where I should look, or possible reasons why
this error may occur.

Thanks!
- Binal