[datatable-help] Using := in .onLoad

Juan Manuel Truppia jmtruppia at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 22:45:12 CET 2015

Hi, I'm using data.table inside my own packages. I'm having some trouble
using data.table functions on my .onLoad method.
I'm actually depending (not importing) data.table, but even then, I can't
get := to work in .onLoad.
I'm using the `:=`(a = x, b = y) version, and getting

Error in `:=`(a = x) :
Check that is.data.table(DT) == TRUE. Otherwise, := and `:=`(...) are
defined for use in j, once only and in particular ways. See help(":=").

If I comment that, and then run it from the console after the package is
loaded, it works.

Any ideas?