[datatable-help] Memory usage of data.table chaining

Arunkumar Srinivasan aragorn168b at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 00:24:23 CET 2015

It depends. Keys are useful if you’ve to set it once, and use it for repeated subsets, or you’ve really huge data, where keeping data sorted in memory could improve speed tremendous due to cache efficiency.
But auto indexing would be the way to go wherever applicable. We should be expanding it when we find time next.

--
Arun