[datatable-help] Stability of Duplicate Column Renaming in Version 1.9.3

Christian Sigg lists at sigg-iten.ch
Mon Sep 22 14:01:02 CEST 2014

We are evaluating data.table version 1.9.3 to benefit from a number of
bug fixes. But one significant change for us is the new feature 5 in the
changelog:

"X[Y] now names non-join columns from i (...) with an i. prefix (...)"

The new naming scheme implies a substantial number of changes in our
code. Can this feature be considered "stable", i.e. can we already
migrate our code? Or is there the possibility that the naming scheme
might change again until the release of 1.9.4?

Thanks,
Christian