[datatable-help] Error in use with package SNPath

omo004 oysteinmonsen1234 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 10 19:03:45 CET 2014

Good day

Running data.table_1.9.4 in R-3.1.1 from a remote linux system.

I am trying to do some genome wide association studies, and have tried
fread() function. It seemed to work well, but suddenly the SNPath's GRASS
function gave me this error message:

Error in "data.table" %chin% names(getNamespaceImports(te)) :
  Internal error: savetl_init checks failed (741092396 741092396
0x2c2c2c2c2c2c2c2c 0x2c2c2c2c2c2c2c2c). Please report to datatable-help.

And, well, as far as I can see, this is datatable-help.

Please advise - SNPath itself is found at
http://linchen.fhcrc.org/grass.html in case someone wants to have a look at
that.

Note that certain of the files are of such a size as to be absolutely
prohibitive by any other method I've been able to find (being on the scale
of 2100x5000000).

Note also that I am a biologist, and thus not an expert user of R - I would
prefer baby-talk explanations for what's gone wrong.

Thanks!