[datatable-help] strange undocumented data.table error

talex talex at privatdemail.net
Fri May 30 11:43:03 CEST 2014

I ran into a strange error that a search only turns up in the commit of
data.table:

This came up upon running a previously tested working dcast.data.table
expression, on a data.table I have subsetted (with duplicates) using a J()
command. The offending section is this:

Strangely, the data I fed it works until a specific row of the input table
is included, and then it dies.

What's bothering data.table? I tried changing keys and messing with the
order of the formula terms just to see, because I don't understand the
error, but that didn't work, of course.