[datatable-help] Assigning with a compound condition

Rguy rguy at 123mail.org
Tue May 6 12:06:57 CEST 2014

I am experimenting with assigning into a data table (and data frame with same
data) when the assignment involves a compound condition on multiple columns.
Please see the attached file.

Assignment into the data table is about twice as fast as into the data
frame, but I wonder if I am using the optimal syntax for achieving speedy
assignment. Any advice much appreciated.

test_assign.r <http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4690042/test_assign.r>