[datatable-help] A[B]?

Rguy rguy at 123mail.org
Tue May 6 11:57:25 CEST 2014

That FAQ does not provide any examples of the A[B] syntax used with data
table objects. It does provide an example using A[B] with matrix objects,
but the example does not translate to data table objects, so I'm not sure
why it's there. I suggest that the FAQ be extended to provide one, or better
yet several, examples of the A[B] syntax applied to data.table objects.

As far as I have been able to puzzle out so far, A[B] is just another way to
do a merge.