[datatable-help] by=.EACHI and related - please check ok

Eduard Antonyan eduard.antonyan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 16:22:24 CET 2014

Looks great!!

I think there were two extensions for this floating around, which are now
possible to have - one (I think suggested by Gabor?) was to have by=.EACHI
work with other types of i-expressions - simplest example would be d[, j,
by=.EACHI] doing the same as d[, j, by = 1:nrow(d)], and another one was to
be able to combine .EACHI with other by's, i.e. have smth like d[i, j, by =
list(.EACHI, somecol)] (this one is somewhat more exotic and doesn't have
an existing analogue afaik). Not sure if an FR for these exists.