[datatable-help] What is going on with R 3.1 ?

Amy mathematical.coffee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 03:01:50 CEST 2014

Hi Arun,

In 1.9.3 I get the "Error in vecseq(f__, len__, if (allow.cartesian) NULL
else as.integer(max(nrow(x), : Join results in 33 rows; more than 28 =
max(nrow(x),nrow(i))...." message and it doesn't assign the column (upon
`x[y, female:=female]`, so no, the error doesn't occur.

But as an aside, shouldn't it this command work?
If I have x with subjects a, a, b, c, d; y with genders for subjects a--f,
shouldn't x[y, female:=female] copy the female column from y to x,
duplicating as necessary?
Of course y[x] produces the table I'm after, but in the case that y has
extra columns I /don't/ want in the output and x has extra columns I /do/,
`y[x]` is then not the table I'm after. (But now we are straying into a
different question, my limited understanding of how to use data.table, as
opposed to the bug this thread is about).

PS - typo on the data.table Readmein the "if you get latex errors during
installation" bit:

devtools:::install_github("datat.able", ...)

"datat.able" --> "data.table".

cheers
Amy