[datatable-help] data.table has moved to GitHub

Matt Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Mon Jun 9 15:51:11 CEST 2014

Dear all,

Arun has done an amazing job in transferring everything from R-Forge to
GitHub. This includes the full commit history and outstanding bug and
feature requests.

     https://github.com/Rdatatable/datatable/

To install the latest version from now on it's :

     devtools:::install_github("datatable", "Rdatatable")

As you may have noticed R-Forge has been stuck in building state for
several days now, so you wouldn't have been able to install v1.9.3 from
there anyway.  Arun has integrated with Travis which gives us the
package build and check environment.  Windows users will need to install
Rtools because install_github() compiles from source,  but that is
straightforward we believe.  We may be able to add building and checking
of a compiled .zip for Windows in future.  If you're a Windows user
please let us know how you get on with Rtools and
devtools::install_github().

GitHub should make it easier for you to contribute :  just edit the file
within the github website and then press "Propose file change". Project
members will then review and accept the change.

Public access to the bug and feature request trackers on R-Forge is now
turned off.  Please use GitHub from now on.  Comments couldn't be
transferred to GitHub but we can still see them on R-Forge.  If you
raised an issue on R-Forge you may still get automatic emails from
R-Forge as we close them down.

Thanks,
Matt