[datatable-help] Possible bug in 1.9.x versions

Matt Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Fri Feb 28 15:52:16 CET 2014

Now fixed and new Windows .zip for R-release uploaded to data.table
homepage.
We'll aim to release to CRAN fairly soon.

Thanks again Michele.

 From NEWS :

o  When joining to fewer columns than the key has, using one of the
later key columns explicitly in j repeated the first value. A problem
introduced by v1.9.2 and not caught by our 1,220 tests, or tests in 37
dependent packages. Test added. Many thanks to Michele Carrier for
reporting.
     DT = data.table(a=1:2, b=letters[1:6], key="a,b")    # keyed by a and b
     DT[.(1), b]    # correct result again (joining just to a not b but
using b)

Matt