[datatable-help] dplyr vs. data.table benchmarks

brodie gaslam brodie.gaslam at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 18 22:19:59 CEST 2014

After my original question on SO got shut down, I went ahead and ran my own relatively comprehensive benchmarks.

Interestingly `dplyr` and `data.table` appear to be comparable until you start having large numbers of groups (100K+), at which point `data.table` seems to be a fair bit faster.

Sharing here as it might be of interest to you guys.

 r - data.table vs dplyr: can one do something well the other can't or does poorly? - Stack Overflow
Overview I'm relatively familiar with data.table, not so much with dplyr. I've read through some dplyr vignettes and examples that have popped up on SO, and so far my conclusions are that:
View on stackoverflow.com Preview by Yahoo

   data.table vs. dplyr | brodieG
Oveview In this post I will compare the use and performance of dplyr and data.table for the purposes of “split apply combine” style analysis, with...
View on www.brodieg.com Preview by Yahoo