[datatable-help] Bug report #5100 reg.

Eduard Antonyan eduard.antonyan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 17:39:25 CET 2013

I agree that it's inconsistent with data.frame, and imo that's a good
thing. We don't replicate the drop argument, so it wouldn't be possible to
return a data.table when with=FALSE and either way drop=TRUE by default is
a bad design choice in data.frame and matrix (that is unlikely to change
given R-core's attitude towards that type of a thing).

I'm always pro more and better documentation :)