[datatable-help] Unexpected behavior in setnames()

Eduard Antonyan eduard.antonyan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 01:31:52 CET 2013

The main usage case I've personally encountered is data presentation (for
either self or others), where I would sometimes organize data like so:

category1 name,colname1,colname2,category2 name,colname1,colname2
....numbersandstuff....

Also, in general there are many cases I brought up above that generate
duplicate names, and I definitely don't want either lost columns or renamed
columns as a result - both are data loss that I don't appreciate.