[datatable-help] progress % in fread

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Wed May 22 18:32:26 CEST 2013

The problem was knitr (at least) - it doesn't like the \r.
I thought about a graphical progress window, like tkProgressBar() but
it needs to be updateable from C level. I could try that again now I'm
more comfortable calling R from C.
So ... how about a tkProgressBar ?  Optional, with argument to
fread(,progress=getOption("datatable.fread.progress")) by default FALSE.