[datatable-help] (no subject)

Thell Fowler tbfowler4 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 00:17:36 CET 2012

Hi all!

Two quick questions:

1) What is called by data.table during print to determine the format of the
printed output?  Looking at the print method didn't reveal any formatting
being applied that I could see.

2) Would a method of attaching a 'format' attribute to a var list , such
that the data.table print method could apply it, be worth-while?

I'm thinking that this would have no effect on actual calculation times,
and if a flag (similar to by, group, .SDcols) could be utilized then it
wouldn't delay perceived response time unless desired, but could be there
as a forwardable attribute when sub-setting and messaging data; and
therefore be a useful tool in visual inspection and sharing of results.
 I'm thinking of a 'format' attribute in the form of an expression taking a
singular list as an argument that can then be applied.

--
Sincerely,
Thell