[datatable-help] Running latest SVN version gives me too much spam in verbose mode

Chris Neff caneff at gmail.com
Tue May 29 21:43:34 CEST 2012

I run with verbose comments from data.table, and I don't mind some
spam, but when I use := I get:

Detected that j uses these columns (the rest, if any, are ignored for
efficiency):
No columns have been detected as used by j. So no column variables
will be available to j. This will be correct in queries such as
DT[i,V1:=i] and DT[,groupsize:=.N,by=colA], but may be confusing you
if you wrote DT[,get('colB')+1,by=colA]. Set .SDcols=TRUE and all
columns will be available to j, even using get(), but this is not
recommended and may be very slower. Use eval(quote()) or paste0()
idioms to construct queries that dynamically select columns.

I am using the "correct" type of query.  Is there a way that warning
can just not print out on those?