[datatable-help] using J() to select for a value that is in something other than the first key

Farrel Buchinsky fjbuch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 02:58:45 CET 2012

I do not know if that is how all indexes work. I am not really a
card-carrying database manager or programmer. I just play one in my spare
time. The price I pay is not remembering how to write syntax when I need to
do something. That to  me, is a higher price than slow subsetting. If the
syntax is not easy I would rather just use the traditional vector scan
methods that one sees in conventional data.frame subset commands.

Notwithstanding my idiosyncratic needs, I thank you very much for your
explanation.
Farrel