[datatable-help] New function fread() in v1.8.7

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Wed Dec 26 20:45:10 CET 2012

Help is always welcome.

fread's source code is hopefully fairly easy to follow. It's all in one
file with very few library calls: just ifs, loops and a few switches.
Anyone is welcome to join the data.table project and commit changes.

Or there's the documentation. And test cases. If you're not sure what
needs to be done, then there's a TO DO list at the top of fread.c. Or
for the project generally there are 104 feature requests waiting to be
picked off. Subscribe to datatable-commits to keep up to date with
latest commits.

Here's fread's source
https://r-forge.r-project.org/scm/viewvc.php/pkg/src/readfile.c?view=markup&root=datatable

and the help file :