[datatable-help] Override the data.frame print function

Chris Neff caneff at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 14:15:49 CET 2011

Hi all,

One thing I love about data.table on the interactive prompt is that
fact that it cuts the ouptut off after a few lines.  Sometimes I run a
function on a data.table and it comes back a data.frame, and before
thinking about it I instinctively try to print the output, and then am
forced to wait while a lot of output tries to print (even force
cancelling takes a while).

I'd rather have the print.data.table function override the
print.data.frame one. How can I do this?

-Chris