[datatable-help] Idea/feature request

Matthew Dowle mdowle at mdowle.plus.com
Tue Jun 21 21:40:02 CEST 2011

Andreas, Steve,

Committed. Please test and confirm if it satisfies all needs ok?

o    A new symbol .BY is available to j, containing 1 row
     of the current 'by' variables, type list. 'by' variables
     may also be used by name and they are now length 1, too.
     This implements FR#1313.
     For example :
          DT[,sum(x)*.BY[[1]],by=y]
          DT[,sum(x)*.BY[[1]],by=eval(byexp)]
          DT[,sapply(.SD,sum)*y,by=y]
          DT[,sapply(.SD,sum)*.BY[[2]],by=list(y,z)]

Matthew