[datatable-help] misc join questions

Wed Jun 1 20:29:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm a bit cramped for time right now, so I can't comment on all your
points, but:

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:40 PM, Johann Hibschman <jhibschman+r at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Alternatively, since I'm used to the merge.data.frame syntax, if we
> could expand merge.data.table to allow "merge(x, y, by="date",
> all.x=TRUE)" for arbitrary data tables, creating keys as needed, that
> would also help.  Perhaps add a "autokey.x" option to enable the
> creation of needed keys.

It actually does this already -- you can pass in your own column names
to act as keys for the merge operation.

Is that not working for you? Are you using the latest version of
data.table (1.5.3)?

If the answers to the two questions above are "no" and "yes"
(respectively), then there is likely a bug ... please let me know.

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou