[datatable-help] Random segfaults

Chris Neff caneff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 16:46:26 CET 2011

This will be a crappy help request because I can't seem to reproduce
it, but the past few days I've been getting a lot of segfaults.  The
only common thing between every crash is that it happens when I do

DT[, z := x]

where z was not a column that existed in DT before, and x is either an
existing column of DT or a separate variable, doesn't matter.  Beyond
that I can't reproduce a set of steps that gets R to crash.  This is
with the latest SVN version.

Is there more information I can provide to help track this down?