[datatable-help] Is data.table ready for prime-timeandsensitivework?

Rob Forler rforler at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 7 17:40:50 CET 2010

It's not a hard language to pick up, but definitely one of the challenges
with replacing R with python is many of the stat and data packages that
exist in R.

Python has strong scientific and data packages, but I not at the same level.

On the other hand python is much stronger from a language point of view
(good oo etc), and has many more operational tools.

-Rob