[Cipsr-users] CIPS new webpage and modified installation instructions

Osborne, Nathaniel Nathaniel.Osborne at oregonstate.edu
Mon Dec 29 22:17:11 CET 2014

Greetings cipsr users,

As you may know, CIPS now has a new webpage: cips.forestry.oregonstate.edu. Our new webpage has a cleaner and more efficient design.  Now you may easily access our strategic plan, publications, reports, presentations and members only content like the XORG software developed by Doug Mainwaring.  The changes to our webpage have slightly modified how you install cipsr.

To install cipsr on your computer follow these instructions:

  1.  Ensure your copy of R is at least version 3.0. You can download a new copy of R at: http://www.r-project.org<http://www.r-project.org/>. cipsr 2.1 supports R versions 3.0 – 3.1.
  2.  Update Java on your computer (https://www.java.com). If your computer if 64-bits, install both the 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
  3.  Open R (i386 or x64) versions 3.0 up to 3.1
  4.  Type the following command in the R console: install.packages("cipsr",repos="http://cips.forestry.oregonstate.edu/sites/cips/files",dependencies=TRUE)

Also, if you haven't responded to our survey about using cipsr, please take a moment to do so:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/C8YFQJD

Happy Holidays,
Nate Osborne