[Basta-users] BaSTA model and covariate selection: DIC, K-L, and/of confidence intervals

maren maren.rebke at avitec-research.de
Mon Oct 5 10:36:10 CEST 2015

Hi Diederik,

Overall your approach is correct. You choose the model form using DIC
and then you check whether your covariates are relevant looking either
at the Kullback-Leibler distances or the 95% confidence intervals.
However, I would start right away with a model including all three
covariates. For this model you test the different functional forms using
DIC. In the model fitting your data best according to the DIC, you then
look at the results for each covariate in detail.

Best wishes,
Maren