[adegenet-forum] snapclust and genlight

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 21:04:04 CEST 2018

Hi there,

this is a technicality: given the internal data structure of genlight
objects, a native implementation of snapclust for these objects would be a
lot of (hard) work. genlights are only really useful when genind cannot be
used (not enough RAM).

In terms of doc, I hear what you say, but as you pointed out the
documentation already says genind objects are expected as inputs. Where
else would you recommend we specify this?

Associate Professor in Outbreak Analytics, London School of Hygiene and
Tropical Medicine
Senior Lecturer in Genetic Analysis, Imperial College London
President of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
https://thibautjombart.netlify.com
Twitter: @TeebzR