[adegenet-forum] Barrier permutation in adegenet package

Rafael Mol molrafael2 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 13:06:30 CET 2018

Hey all

Hey all!

I'm a new user of adegenet package, and I've noticed that when using the
monmonier algorithm to test barriers, changing the population point from
circles to squares, the last one seems to increase its size. I realized
that this function is related to the following command line: plot
(mon1,var=pac1$11[,1]). Once that I've loaded a distance matrix from pofad,
I didn't use pca to "correct" these distances in order to add noises once
pofad already corrected them.

I've searched and didn't find anything related to these sizes. Does it have
a meaning? Or they are just graphical... Also, I couldn't find any topic
related to test barriers permutation in adegenet package. Is this possible?

Attached to this email, I put a figure of the map that I got, and the
diference in squares size.

Thanks in advance!

Mol
Mestrando Zoologia de Vertebrados, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais -
UFMG
Environmental Science University of Newcastle - Australia.
+55 (31) 98222-5122