[adegenet-forum] Insert Legend when mapping PC of DAPC using colorplot()

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 12:08:18 CEST 2018

Hi Kimani,

this is a good question, but I'm afraid there's no good answer to it. How
many dimensions did you map into colors? If more than one, say 2, then
providing a legend is quite hard, as your legend itself should be
2-dimensional (run example(colorplot) for an example of 2d color map). For
3 dimensions, that's even worse.

In short: for a one-dimensional color, that's pretty easy, and not really
feasible beyond. For publication purposes, you could present the colorplot
as a synthesis figure, and use individual maps for separate axes.

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College
London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
WHO Consultant - outbreak analysis
https://thibautjombart.netlify.com