[adegenet-forum] Spatial Data with large DNA alignement

Arsalan Emami-Khoyi arsalane at protonmail.com
Thu Feb 22 12:27:19 CET 2018

Hello Thibaut,
I hope that you are fine and all goes well.
A rapid question :
When I import a large alignment of DNA sequences using the different tools, How  can  I efficiently assign  geographical location to each  individuals or population.
e.g ,
An alignment of 1000 sequences from 10 populations each sampled for 100 animals.
What I do at the moment  is to make a 1000  lines text file for x and Y coordinates for each individuals.
Of course each 100 rows has exactly the same coordinates.
I guess they should be a more efficient way of doing that, am I correct ?
heaps of thanks in advance
Regards

Arsalan Emami-Khoyi
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Wildlife Genomics
University of Johannesburg_Center for Ecological Genomics and Wildlife Conservation
Auckland Park 2006
South Africa
Email : Arsalane at uj.ac.za
Phone :+27 (0)11 559 3373