[adegenet-forum] resampling individuals from genind

Mark Coulson Mark.Coulson.ic at uhi.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 16:17:01 CEST 2018

I have a genind object with ~40 populations of varying sample sizes. I want to take 20 of these groups and sample 10 individuals at random (without replacement) from each of these 20 populations into a new group (which will end up being 200 individuals). I can't quite figure out how to best do this. Does it require seppop? If so then how do I avoid specifying a draw of twenty individual for each individually separate population?

Thanks
Mark

Inverness College UHI, a partner in the University of the Highlands and Islands www.inverness.uhi.ac.uk Board of Management of Inverness College (known as Inverness College UHI), Scottish Charity No SC021197.