[adegenet-forum] Could adegenet be modified to accept allele frequencies as input data?

Angela Fuentes Pardo apfuentes at Dal.Ca
Mon Oct 30 16:24:08 CET 2017

Hi there,

My dataset consists of allele frequencies of millions of SNPs for >10 populations (I don't have individual genotype data). adegenet requires individual genotypes as input data, but considering many population genetic tests are based on allele frequencies, I wanted to ask if there is any possibility that adegenet could have a function that accepts population allele frequencies as input data. I am mostly interested on conducting PCA and DAPC tests.

Thanks

--
Angela P. Fuentes-Pardo. Biologist, Ph.D. candidate
Ruzzante Lab, Department of Biology