[adegenet-forum] Retrieving population allele frequencies of SNPs using HGDP file

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 10:56:13 CEST 2017

Hi Davide,

I am not entirely sure what you need, so sorry if I miss the point.
adegenet cannot make up for absent population information, but you can
try to identify clusters of course, e.g. using find.clusters.

eHGDP is not a file (at least not in the sense you probably mean), but
a genind object. If the question is how you can get a file looking
like the one you link into a genind object, you probably want to use
something like read.csv and then df2genind. Imports should be detailed
in the basics tutorial:
https://github.com/thibautjombart/adegenet/wiki/Tutorials

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
WHO Consultant - outbreak analysis
sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
Twitter: @TeebzR