[adegenet-forum] Dictating group membership for DAPC plot

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 13:00:14 CEST 2017

Hi there,

changing the group membership for dapc scatterplot has been discussed
repeatedly on this forum, and is documented in ?scatter.dapc - see
argument 'grp'.

For identifying hybrids, the new method 'genclust' will be much more
appropriate - in the devel version for now, paper under review. As a
rule I don't think DAPC is appropriate at identifying hybrids. In
fact, models which classify individuals in parental populations will
most likely assign F1 fully to one of the parental populations (based
on geometric criteria or likelihood approaches).

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
WHO Consultant - outbreak analysis
sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
Twitter: @TeebzR