[adegenet-forum] any change in find.clusters and/or dapc functions from V1.4-2 to V2.0.1 ?

Thibaut Jombart thibautjombart at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 13:33:51 CET 2017

Hello,

yes, a lot has changed in between the two versions; see ChangeLog:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/adegenet/ChangeLog

Besides, are you using the same version of R for both packages? Knowing if
and what change(s) specifically could cause the results to differ is going
to be difficult, we would have to finely compare the analyses. The first
thing to check would be verify that the matrices of allele frequencies are
the same. I think this would have been 'scaleGen' in the older version
(specify scale=FALSE, center=FALSE, do not replace NA). This is 'tab' in
the current version (use 'freq = TRUE, do not replace NA). Then check if
the matrices are the same. A change in the default treatment of NA, or in
scaling could explain the difference.

Lecturer, Department of Infectious Disease Epidemiology, Imperial College
London
Head of RECON: repidemicsconsortium.org
sites.google.com/site/thibautjombart/
github.com/thibautjombart